Welcome and introduction.
The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.
Welcome to UAT, Unity Academy Trust. We are a group of like-minded schools working in partnership to harness the richness of our diverse learning communities for the benefit of all pupils.
We hope the following information will encourage you to consider joining with us in the growth of educational collaboration and system leadership. It is very important to us that schools in our Trust retain their own ethos and identity while enjoying, and contributing to, the shared benefits of being part of a group of schools which continually strive to achieve excellence.
We are in the process of building a community of schools in order to provide the highest quality of education for all pupils through our collaborative partnerships. We aim to do this by:
- working in collaborative partnership with all of the communities, especially the parents and carers of the young people;
- ensuring that all children and adults are safe, healthy and protected;
- improving and developing the quality of teaching and learning;
- improving and developing the quality of leadership;
- promoting high standards of behaviour and attendance;
- promoting mutual respect through a shared understanding of equality and diversity;
- recruiting and retaining dedicated staff and providing them with the CPD they need to have successful and rewarding careers.
We do this with a common purpose; to provide our young people with the best possible start in life, supporting them to develop the skills they need to take the next steps on their journey with confidence and resiliance. Ultimately, we strive to prepare them to be successful and happy citizens, able to participate fully in what life offers them.
By working together we can pool our resources and expertise, sharing them to secure better value-for-money and seeking to maximise the resources and expertise we have available to benefit all the pupils in our care. UAT’s success can be judged by the success of our young people. This premise will always inform the decisions we make, as we will act in their best interests.
Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
Dr S J Smith, Board Member and Chair of the Trustees.